Students need to hear from us early and often. Here are some resources for planning how you will connect with students and support their social and emotional needs while they work at home. Share ideas, provide feedback and ask questions in this Requests and Suggestions Form.
- WOOP Goal Setting (Wish-Outcome-Obstacle-Plan) Resources (April13)
- 3 Signature SEL Practices: How to support students throughout their learning experiences in any environment.
- Checking in with students during distance learning: Folder of resources by grade level for checkins (ONLY USE AFTER APRIL 6)
- Calming Strategies for Distance Learning: Ways students can remain calm all of the concerns they may be experiencing
- EL Resources for Distance Learning: How to support English Learners in accessing content or practicing skills
- MPS Family Resources: Potential resources from Minneapolis.
- PBIS Distance Learning Resources: providing PBIS support in other environments
Activities to do at Home
- Learning at Home: a number of activities in various categories
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems: Learners worldwide can draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing by visiting Mo’s studio virtually once a day for the next few weeks.
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking and growing
- MN State: resources for learning from home