These are tools that will help you connect with students, share information or improve efficiency.
Key Tech Tips
Connecting with students
- Online Meeting Protocols: Guidelines for connecting to meetings on Hangout or Zoom
- Google Hangout or Meet: See videos in the Hangouts and Calendars section. Use to connect with staff and students who have gmail accounts
- Zoom: Web conferencing tool that with a few improvements over Hangout (like being able to mute all participants’ audio and video). NOTE: Free accounts set up with a District 287 email no longer have the 40-minute limit.
- Big Blue Button: Another web conferencing tool that includes additional features
- Remind app: this can be used to connect with families from your cell phone without giving away your phone number.
- Marco Polo: app combining texting, social media and video chats
- Flipgrid: a free, simple way to foster short video-based discussions on classroom topics.
Organizing ideas expanding activities
287 PBL, Makerspace, Coding Distance Learning Resources: additional activities for ideas
- 7 Big Ideas for Online Learning