These are tools that will help you connect with students, share information or improve efficiency.
Key Technology Supports
Connecting with students, staff and families
- Online Meeting Protocols: Guidelines for connecting to meetings on Hangout or Zoom
- Google Hangout or Meet: See videos in the Hangouts and Calendars section. Use to connect with staff and students who have gmail accounts
- Zoom: Web conferencing tool that with a few improvements over Hangout (like being able to mute all participants’ audio and video).
- Remind app: this can be used to connect with families from your cell phone without giving away your phone number.
- Marco Polo: app combining texting, social media and video chats
Technology in the Classroom
- 287 PBL, Makerspace, Coding Distance Learning Resources: additional activities for ideas
- Flipgrid: a free, simple way to foster short video-based discussions on classroom topics.
– Sample Flipgrid template
– Learning at Home, collection of 50+ topic-based discussion prompts
– Family Learning Guide
– How to set up a Q&A check in board in Flipgrid
– Flipgrid’s feed with lots of educator examples and resources