These are tools that will help you connect with students, share information or improve efficiency. Share ideas, provide feedback and ask questions in this Requests and Suggestions Form.
Key Tech Tips
Connecting with students
- Online Meeting Protocols: Guidelines for connecting to meetings on Hangout or Zoom
- Google Hangout or Meet: See videos in the Hangouts and Calendars section. Use to connect with staff and students who have gmail accounts
- Zoom: Web conferencing tool that with a few improvements over Hangout (like being able to mute all participants’ audio and video). NEW: Free accounts set up with a District 287 email no longer have the 40-minute limit.
- Big Blue Button: Another web conferencing tool that includes additional features
- Remind app: this can be used to connect with families from your cell phone without giving away your phone number.
- Marco Polo: app combining texting, social media and video chats
- Flipgrid: a free, simple way to foster short video-based discussions on classroom topics.
Organizing ideas expanding activities
287 PBL, Makerspace, Coding Distance Learning Resources: additional activities for ideas
- 7 Big Ideas for Online Learning