Here are resources on how to prepare content and effectively teach in multiple environments.
Self-paced learning resources
- Teacher Support Center for Distance Learning, a workshop with PD topics on:
- Recording of overview of the Teacher Center
- Instructional Pillars: Teacher presence, social presence, cognitive presence
- Giving student feedback
- Moodle skills
- Building a Learning Pathway: What will our program do?
An overview of distance learning pathways and advantages/disadvantages of each.
- Distance Learning 101: A series of short videos introducing basics and key fundamentals of distance learning.
- MDE Online Teaching Network: PD from MDE for distance learning
- Leading the Transition to Distance Learning (recording, 3-23-20)
- Meeting the Special Education Needs of All Learners with Distance Learning (recording, 3-23-20)
- Meeting the EL and SEL Needs of All Learners with Distance Learning (recording, 3-26-20)
- Re-imagining Leadership during Distance Learning (recording, 3-26-20)
- How Might OER Support your Planning? (Resources)
Articles of interest
- Distance Teaching Resources: A summary of ideas learned from Paul Bennett, who has worked in many district programs and also teaches online (3-20-20)
- Culturally Responsive Teaching in the Online Classroom, from eLearn magazine (3-25-20)
- 5 Strategies for Teacher Self-Care from ASCD (3-26-20)
- Uprooting Inequities in Schools: Online Summit Key Takeaways, from EdWeek (3-26-20)
- Culturally Responsive Teaching Checklist, from Reimagining Migration at UCLA (3-27-20)
- A Trauma-Informed Approach to Teaching Through Coronavirus, from Teaching Tolerance (3-27-20)
- 7 Ways to Maintain Relationships During Your School Closure, from Edutopia (3-27-20)
- SELF CARE: Ways to Take Care in a New and Evolving Reality, Suggestions from staff and SEL Coordinators (3-26-20)
- Collective Vulnerability, the FFTs of Online Learning, and the Sacredness of Bored Kids, from Brene Brown (3-27-20)