Here are resources on how to prepare content for distance learning, as well as how to effectively teach remotely. Share ideas, provide feedback and ask questions in this Requests and Suggestions Form.
Self-paced learning resources
- Teacher Support Center for Distance Learning, a workshop with PD topics on:
- Recording of overview of the Teacher Center
- Instructional Pillars: Teacher presence, social presence, cognitive presence
- Giving student feedback
- Moodle skills
- Building a Learning Pathway: What will our program do?
An overview of distance learning pathways and advantages/disadvantages of each.
- Distance Learning 101: A series of short videos introducing basics and key fundamentals of distance learning.
- MDE Online Teaching Network: PD from MDE for distance learning
- Leading the Transition to Distance Learning (recording, 3-23-20)
- Meeting the Special Education Needs of All Learners with Distance Learning (recording, 3-23-20)
- Meeting the EL and SEL Needs of All Learners with Distance Learning (recording, 3-26-20)
- Re-imagining Leadership during Distance Learning (recording, 3-26-20)
- How Might OER Support your Planning? (Resources)
Articles of interest
- Distance Teaching Resources: A summary of ideas learned from Paul Bennett, who has worked in many district programs and also teaches online (3-20-20)
- Culturally Responsive Teaching in the Online Classroom, from eLearn magazine (3-25-20)
- 5 Strategies for Teacher Self-Care from ASCD (3-26-20)
- Uprooting Inequities in Schools: Online Summit Key Takeaways, from EdWeek (3-26-20)
- Culturally Responsive Teaching Checklist, from Reimagining Migration at UCLA (3-27-20)
- A Trauma-Informed Approach to Teaching Through Coronavirus, from Teaching Tolerance (3-27-20)
- 7 Ways to Maintain Relationships During Your School Closure, from Edutopia (3-27-20)
- SELF CARE: Ways to Take Care in a New and Evolving Reality, Suggestions from staff and SEL Coordinators (3-26-20)
- Collective Vulnerability, the FFTs of Online Learning, and the Sacredness of Bored Kids, from Brene Brown (3-27-20)