Ever have trouble finding things in Google Drive? More comfortable with the look and feel of Windows Explorer to keep track of your stuff? With a few quick steps, you can have the best of both worlds: the familiar format and the anywhere access.
Here’s a short video that you can follow along, or just go through the steps listed below it.
- Do a Google search for “Download Google Drive”
- Click on the first link: Download Google Drive – Free Cloud Storage
- Use the drop-down menu to download for Mac & PC
- Understand and agree to the terms of service
- After the file has downloaded, click on it to run an installer (you may have to click “run” and “yes” on different pop-up windows)
- Log in to Google Drive using the same email and password that you use to get onto your computer and in your email
- Explore the introduction to Google Drive
You are now ready to manage your Google Drive from the same “Computer” or “Windows Explorer” window that we have used for network files!